Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite southern comfort food! From the wonderful restaurant Sabine, in Houston. To make your own cinnamon ice cream, soften vanilla & add cinnamon, then refreeze. Really good with cream sherry.
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained & diced
- cinnamon ice cream
- caramel sauce or fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter 9x13x2 baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup butter with flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add buttermilk in a slow steady stream while stirring and pour batter into prepared dish.
- Top with sweet potatoes.
- Bake until set, about 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. (Cobbler will still be moist).
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Chill 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- To serve, reheat in microwave and top each square with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Garnish with fresh berries.