This is my favorite southern comfort food! From the wonderful restaurant Sabine, in Houston. To make your own cinnamon ice cream, soften vanilla & add cinnamon, then refreeze. Really good with cream sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter 9x13x2 baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3Mix remaining 1/2 cup butter with flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 4Add buttermilk in a slow steady stream while stirring and pour batter into prepared dish.
- 5Top with sweet potatoes.
- 6Bake until set, about 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. (Cobbler will still be moist).
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Chill 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- 9To serve, reheat in microwave and top each square with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- 10Garnish with fresh berries.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g