Apple what? Give this a try for a change of taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick (around 4 large ones)
- lightly salt water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1In a large saucepan cover sliced sweet potatoes with lightly salted water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reducing to a simmer.
- 3Cook for 7 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- 4Drain reserving 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- 5In a medium saucepan over medium heat stir together the 2 cups reserved liquid, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 6Keep stirring until the sugar is disolved.
- 7Add butter and melt.
- 8Pour the syrup over the sweet potatoes and cook over medium high heat until syrup bubbles up and over the potatoes.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Layer the sweet potato slices in a 8x10 inch glass dish.
- 11Pour syrup over the potatoes.
- 12Cut pastry lattice style and top cobbler.
- 13Brush with milk, sprinkle with sugar, nuts and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 256.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 45.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g