Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like sweet potatoes, you will love this.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat 3 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook sweet potatoes in enough boiling water to cover for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Spoon cooked sweet potatoes into prepared baking dish.
- Stir in sugar, butter, nutmeg and apple pie spice.
- Drizzle with evaporated milk.
- In small bowl stir together egg, baking mix, milk and oil just until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Gently smooth topping to completely cover sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.