Recipe by Jena Lewis
My partner and I both love Clam Chowder, but recently we were told we need to watch our cholesterol levels. This is my revamping of traditional clam chowder with a slightly healthier twist. My partner says it tastes just as good if not better this way.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cansbumble bee chopped clams
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 3 cups fresh yams, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic golden flax seeds
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop Sweet Potatoes.
- Chop Onions.
- Chop Turkey Bacon.
- Combine Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Clams, and Bacon in Crock pot. Cover with 1.5 cups of water. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stur in Milk, Cream, Flax Seed and allow to cook again 30 minutes to 1 hour.