Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Clean Eating Magazine. Allow extra time to chill overnight.
Make and share this Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare brownies: combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. set aside.
- In a food processor combine cooked sweet potato, agave, oil, and vanilla. Puree until combined and smooth.
- Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined. don’t over-mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until fluffy.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Lightly spray 9X9X2" baking pan.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature (30 Minutes).
- While brownies are cooking, prepare icing: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, agave, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- Whisk until incorporated, adding 1 tbsp of water if mixture is hard to whisk.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove brownies from pan, cut into 16 squares, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Frost brownies and serve.