Vino Girl's Note:
From Clean Eating Magazine. Allow extra time to chill overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare brownies: combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. set aside.
- 3In a food processor combine cooked sweet potato, agave, oil, and vanilla. Puree until combined and smooth.
- 4Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined. don’t over-mix.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until fluffy.
- 6Then, using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into batter.
- 7Lightly spray 9X9X2" baking pan.
- 8Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Allow to cool to room temperature (30 Minutes).
- 10While brownies are cooking, prepare icing: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, agave, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- 11Whisk until incorporated, adding 1 tbsp of water if mixture is hard to whisk.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 13Remove brownies from pan, cut into 16 squares, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 14Refrigerate overnight.
- 15Frost brownies and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: