1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Chowder
1 hr 5 mins
Jen in Victoria, BC's Note:
Delicious and quite filling. My comfort food in the winter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and sugar.
- 3Caramelize for 10 minutes, then add spices.
- 4Add stock, sweet potatoes and yam and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 6Stir in cream and remove bay leaf.
- 7Puree soup until smooth.
- 8Return soup to the pot and add corn and garlic; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 439.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: