Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was printed in a Penzey's catalog and originates with Sharon Adams of Milwaukee. (prep time does not include baking the sweet potato)
- 3⁄4 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream together sweet potato, butter, eggs, sugars and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture and beat until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes, until firm in the middle.
This cookie recipe is amazing. I doubled the recipe and made over 60 large cookies. I made these for a client and now he wants me to cater parties for him. AAA+ recipe
I'm not always the best baker but these are delicious -- I'm not sure if they should have risen more, between my poor baking skills and a wonky oven I am never sure!!! But they taste wonderful with the intriguing blend of walnuts, chocolate and lemon essence, really different , my husband was VERY pleased with these sweet treats! (and the sweet potato, lol, they will neer know! ;) ) Thank you, Linky, lovely recipe I really enjoyed making!!