Recipe by Heaven Bound
I had these once at Cheeseburge in Paradise and I fell in love with them. However, ever the health nut, I have attempted to make a lower-calorie verson. They're just as good as the deep-fried ones, but much better for you! Only about 130 calories per serving!
Top Review by Kathy(
I had trouble with my first batch burning at 350F. If you have very thinly sliced sweet potatoes, that seems to be a problem. I had great success with a similar recipe for apple chips, recipe #294553. For my next batch, I lowered the temperature to 200F and baked the slices for 2 hours on parchment paper, eliminating the need for cooking spray, that produced a much better result. Some of the slices needed to bake an additional 1/2 hour. The longer baking time was worth waiting for.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- calorie-free butter-flavored cooking spray (like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato into thin chips. (For optimal thinness, try using a vegetable peeler to peel the potato into thin slices).
- Cover a cookie sheet or baking pan with foil. Spray with nonstick spray and calorie-free butter spray.
- Lay chips on foil. Lightly spray chips with calorie-free butter spray and sprinkle with garlic salt or seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 20 min, turn, spray and sprinkle that side, and bake for another 10 minutes.