Recipe by Terri Juwan
Had this chips at the Blue Mesa Grill in Addison, TX...some of the best Southwestern food I have eaten...these were delicious with salsa and queso dip. Prep and cook time are approximate...
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I loved the taste. But the sweet potato chips kept breaking so they were pieces when fried. I will cut them with a knife next time and they will be a little thicker and fry evenly.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sweet potatoes with mandolin or similar slicer (thin, about the width of a nickel).
- Fry in a pan with canola oil, about 2 inches deep at 350 degrees, for 7 to 8 minutes, turning frequently.
- Fry in batches (try not to crowd pan).
- Air dry in a strainer or other type of basket for several minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and chile powder to taste.