1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato-Chipotle Pancakes
1 hr 15 mins
Dorie Greenspan; serve as a side dish with chicken, pot roast, or a meaty fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate sweet potatoes using the grating blade of a food processor or the large holes of a box grater.
- 2Transfer grated potatoes to a bowl and add in the chipotles, egg, and honey; stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the flour, chili powder, and salt together; add the dry ingredients to the potato mixture; stir with spatula just until incorporated.
- 4Pour enough peanut oil to come 1/8 inch up the sides of a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet and heat over medium heat until the oil is very hot but not bubbling.
- 5While the oil is heating, line a baking sheet with a brown paper bag or a triple thickness of paper towels.
- 6For each pancake, drop a rounded tablespoon of batter into the oil and press the cake down with the back of the spoon to create a thin pancake that is about 2 ½ inches across.
- 7Be careful not to crowd the pan—leave about 2 inches of space between the pancakes.
- 8Cook pancakes until they are deep brown and crispy on the undersides, then turn with a wide spatula and a fork and brown the other sides.
- 9Lift the pancakes out of the oil, letting the excess oil drip back into the pan, and place on the brown paper to drain.
- 10Pat the tops of the pancakes free of excess oil with paper toweling and serve immediately, or keep, uncovered, in a 200° oven while you make the rest of the batch.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Chipotle Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g