Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make soup for a chilly evening.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 small red chile, seeded and chopped
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500 g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 40 ounces vegetable stock (2 British pints)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions and garlic until soft and golden.
- Stir in the chilies, sweet potatoes and carrots. Add stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until all veggies are tender.
- Puree the soup, in batches if necessary, then return to the pan. Season and if necessary, add a bit of water to adjust the consistency.
- Serve with crusty bread.
What a WONDERFUL TASTY HEALTHY soup! Full of Vitamin A! I made 2 servings with a 14oz can of vegetable broth. I blended it right in the pot with my immersion blender. I was thinking of adding curry powder but it didn't need it! I only used half of a red chile because I can't handle them. Made for the Photo tag game.