This recipe was found at Faboulousfoods.com where it was credited to Chef Dan Gilmore of the Wuksachi Lodge in the Sequoia National Forest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 roasted ancho chiles, stemmed but not seeded
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Sweat onions and garlic until limp.
- 3Add sweet potatoes, stock, chipotles and ancho chilis and cook at a simmer until poatoes are cooked and chiles are soft.
- 4Remove from heat and add honey and cream.
- 5Purée soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 6Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Chili Soup
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted ancho chiles