Recipe by tamarinda
This recipe was found at Faboulousfoods.com where it was credited to Chef Dan Gilmore of the Wuksachi Lodge in the Sequoia National Forest.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 roasted ancho chiles, stemmed but not seeded
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Sweat onions and garlic until limp.
- Add sweet potatoes, stock, chipotles and ancho chilis and cook at a simmer until poatoes are cooked and chiles are soft.
- Remove from heat and add honey and cream.
- Purée soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.