Recipe by Sessa
I got this recipe from the Longos Experience Magazine for Winter 07. This is a great recipe with a lot of flavour!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Excellent! Followed exactly, except I did have to add more stock. I used chipotle powder, and it gave a nice smoky flavor, which complimented the natural sweetness of the dish. Will make again, Sessa. Thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (796ml)
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans (540ml)
- 1 green pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic, chop onion and peel and cube sweet potatoes
- in a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook stirring for one minute.
- Add stock and stir until smooth.
- Add sweet potatoes and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce Heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add beans and pepper and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.