Recipe by I'mPat
A freebie recipe from a national supermarket chain, sound delicious. PLEASE NOTE they do suggest depending on your tastes you can increase or decrease the chilli (or I think leave the seeds in) or if you prefer you can use chili powder or dried chilli flakes. Serve with crusty bread.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Excellent meatless dish! The smoked paprika is perfect in this, but if you don't have it, I think you could use garam masala. I loved the bit of heat from the chili. I let the sweet potatoes cook for awhile before adding the eggplant.... just so the eggplant wouldn't get soggy. Is used both fresh parsley and cilantro. Thanx for sharing this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 chili (long red, seeded and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium, cubed)
- 1 eggplant (medium, trimmed and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato passata
- 2 cups water
- 400 g chickpeas (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium and cook onion for 5 minutes until softened and then add garlic, chilli and paprika, and cook for 1 minute till fragrant.
- Stir sweet potato through, eggplant, tomato passata and 2 cups of water and bring to the boil and then let simmer for 15 minutes until sweet potato is just tender and then add chickpeas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through parsley and serve with crusty bread.