Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been on a hash kick lately. This one is my favorite. It's really best with the sauce, so don't skip it! It's worth it! From Bobby Flay.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
Green chile hollandaise
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper, roasted, skinned, seeds removed and finely chopped**
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted until foamy
- To prepare the hash:
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in a saucepan of simmering water. Poach for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Cut each breast into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the potatoes, chicken, scallion, cilantro, chipotles and honey in a large bowl and mix gently until combined, season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan until just smoking. Season the patties with salt and pepper to taste and saute the patties on each side until golden brown. Keep warm.
- To prepare the poached eggs:
- Heat the water and vinegar until simmering in a large frying pan. Break each egg into a cup and gently add to the water. Poach for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the yolk is nearly cooked. Remove the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon to drain the liquid and top each hash patty with 1 poached egg.
- For the sauce:.
- Place the yolks, salt, pepper in a blender and mix until smooth. Slowly, drop by drop add the warm butter to the mixture and blend until emulsified. Place in a bowl and fold in the chopped poblano peppers. Serve immediately or place the bowl over a pot of simmering water to keep warm, stirring occasionally.