Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not your average cheesecake, rich and delicious, this is the perfect holiday dessert! --- make certain to only oven-bake the sweet potatoes boiling in water will cause a watery mixture.
Top Review by atlfitgirl
This was a very impressive AND delicious dessert that I served to my future in laws for Thanksgiving. I am not a baker at all... but I love cheesecake and figured I could not go wrong with a Kittencal recipe! I let my cream cheese and eggs come to room temperature for 30 minutes before mixing and it came together very easily. I baked 4 medium sweet potatoes the night before and let them chill in the refrigerator before peeling and mashing. The skins came off easily and I had just enough for the 1 1/2 c plus a little to snack on. The crust was really unique and delicious due to the pecans... everyone kept asking what I had put in the crust. I let the cheesecake rest in the oven for 4 hours and then moved it to the refrigerator. I had to place the pan on a paper towel lined plate since it seemed some of the butter had oozed out and coated the bottom of it... A really really rich, dense deliciously different cheesecake... perfect for a holiday! We all love it! Thanks for a sweet ending to our wonderful Thanksgiving meal!!!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, oven-baked, peeled and well mashed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- FOR CRUST: combine crust ingredients well, and press into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and all eggs until smooth.
- Mix in whipping cream.
- Beat in flour, cinnamon and ginger.
- Beat in well-mashed sweet potatoes until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 mins; lower heat to 275 degrees, and bake 1 hour more.
- Turn heat off, and leave in oven to cool for several hours, or cool on a wire rack.
- Leave in fridge for 8-9 hours, or overnight to set.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or caramel topping.