Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
orignally from "the Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese Cookbook"
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- to taste miniature marshmallow
- Combine crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom of 9" springform pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sweet potatoes and sugar, mixing with electric mixer until blended.
- Blend in orange juice, eggs, sour cream and cinnamon; pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees, 1 hour.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan.
- Cool; remove rim.
- Top with marshmallows just before serving; broil until lightly browned.
- Garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
I tried this recipe for Christmas. I added some nutmeg, 1/2 c of brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla flavor, and a lil more sugar it tasted better now.
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. It seemed a bit "heavy" but tasted great. My family loved it. I used graham craker crumbs in place of the gingersnap crumbs.