Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great recipe for lovers of sweet potatoes and cheesecake.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (about 2 cups)
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
Pecan crumb topping
- 118.29 ml flour, sifted
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Stir flour, 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and the egg yolk mixture to form a ball. Pat about 2/3 rds of the dough on bottom only of 10 inch springform pan (with side removed) to make bottom crust 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown around edge.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Attach side to pan. Pat remaining dough about 1 inch up inside of pan.
- Beat sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until blended; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat in sweet potato mixture on low speed about 1 minute until blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour batter into springform pan.
- Place springform pan in larger pan.
- Pour very hot water into larger pan to 1/3 the height of springform. pan. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes or until center is set, adding very hot water to larger pan as needed.
- Pecan Crumb Topping.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in small bowl until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle Pecan Crumb Topping over cheesecake.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is set.
Wonderful recipe! I make this every holdiay season.