Recipe by Vino Girl
I have not tried this yet, but since I love cheesecake and I love sweet potatoes, I don't think it can miss. You'll need to chill this overnight. From Cooking Light (December 2002).
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 cookie sheets)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- CRUST: Combine first 4 ingredients, tossing with a fork until well blended.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F°.
- FILLING: Place yogurt and cheeses in a large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Add flour and next 7 ingredients (flour through nutmeg); beat well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place sweet potatoes in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Add sweet potatoes to cheese mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched.
- Turn oven off.
- Cool cheesecake in closed oven 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.