1 hr 30 mins
I found this in the Atlanta Constitution years ago and have made it several times with great success and I always receive compliments, even from people who don't like sweet potatoes. To help keep the cake from cracking I usually put a pan of water on the rack below to keep the oven humid. I like to top it with rum-flavored whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You need a 10" springform pan or 9" with 3" sides.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4Mix pecans and sugar.
- 5Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 6Add enough egg white to the mixture so that nuts and sugar hold together in a ball.
- 7Spray pan with oil, and press mixture into pan.
- 8(OR you can use a graham cracker crumb crust).
- 10Cook bourbon or rum in a small pan until reduced by half.
- 11Cook sweet potatoes and mash the pulp until smooth.
- 12Measure 1 cup pulp and set aside.
- 13In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese with the sugar until smooth.
- 14Add the flour and blend together.
- 15Add the eggs and yolks; blend until smooth.
- 16Scrape down sides of the bowl to prevent lumps.
- 17Add bourbon, sweet potato puree, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 18Blend completely.
- 19Pour batter into pan over crust.
- 20Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- 21The cheesecake should be firm and slightly colored on top.
- 22Nothing should stick to finger when the center is touched.
- 23Remove from oven and let cool for one hour.
- 24Run a knife around the edge of the pan.
- 25Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- 26Keep refrigerated until serving.
- 27Serve with whipped cream.
- 29If you use a graham cracker crust, add some finely chopped pecans to the cracker crumbs.
- 30Vanilla or coconut rum can also be used in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (2605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8311.0
- Calories from Fat 4966
- Total Fat 551.8 g
- Saturated Fat 271.5 g
- Cholesterol 2894.0 mg
- Sodium 3991.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 662.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.6 g
- Sugars 522.1 g
- Protein 156.5 g