Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from 'Healthy cooking for your Kids' Cookbook. A lovely side dish. For a quick one dish family meal try adding bits of ham, julienned carrots, green peas and broccoli.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 198.44 g creme fraiche
- 1360.77 g sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml butter, for greasing dish
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 77.96 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 28.34 g whole wheat breadcrumbs, fresh
- black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the oil, garlic and crème fraîche together in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potato slices and toss until coated.
- Lightly grease a gratin dish.
- Layer in sweet potato mixture and leeks ending with potato on the top.
- Top with cheese and breadcrumbs or just the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, removing foil for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
I liked the dish but my family didn't care for it. They aren't huge sweet potato fans and I keep trying to make them, my fault. I like that it's healthy and comes together pretty easily.
This was very tasty de Roche. We enjoyed all the flavours in this quick and easy to make dish. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice blend of flavors, deRoche. Would never have thought to put these together; however the dish came out really good.. My compliments to you! Only changes -- to use Green Onions (Scallions)in place of the leeks and sour cream sub for the creme fraiche. THANKS for posting.