Recipe by WizzyTheStick
Adapted from 'Healthy cooking for your Kids' Cookbook. A lovely side dish. For a quick one dish family meal try adding bits of ham, julienned carrots, green peas and broccoli.
Top Review by DDW
I liked the dish but my family didn't care for it. They aren't huge sweet potato fans and I keep trying to make them, my fault. I like that it's healthy and comes together pretty easily.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 7 ounces creme fraiche
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter, for greasing dish
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 3⁄4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 ounce whole wheat breadcrumbs, fresh
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the oil, garlic and crème fraîche together in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potato slices and toss until coated.
- Lightly grease a gratin dish.
- Layer in sweet potato mixture and leeks ending with potato on the top.
- Top with cheese and breadcrumbs or just the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, removing foil for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.