Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Susan Branch's wonderful book - Christmas From the Heart of the Home...
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup black walnut, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer (do not use a food processor)whip all ingredients, except walnuts and nutmeg, until light.
- Stir in walnuts and put in a buttered casserole dish. Spread evenly and grate fresh nutmeg over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden.
Absolutely delicious sweet potatoe recipe! Never fails! I've made it probably 20 times. Excellent cookbook too!
This is my new favorite way to eat sweet potato casserole! It's incredible.
This is our favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. It ALWAYS turns out, and is even better with Grand Marnier instead of sherry! Love it, love it, love it.