- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup black walnut, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer (do not use a food processor)whip all ingredients, except walnuts and nutmeg, until light.
- Stir in walnuts and put in a buttered casserole dish. Spread evenly and grate fresh nutmeg over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes until golden.