- 3 eggs
- 5 lbs fresh sweet potatoes or 5 lbs yams, boiled, drained, peeled and mashed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in potatoes until blended.
- Add remaining potato mixture ingredients; mix well.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- For topping, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts in bowl.
- Work in butter with hands until well blended.
- Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes until topping is browned and bubbly.