Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
i haven't tried this yet, but it looks delicious. I must try it before Thanksgiving comes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup stick margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350*. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to form a streusel. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until very tender. Drain well; mash in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup streusel, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg white, and milk. Spoon into a 2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with remaining streusel. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.