This sweet potato casserole is TO DIE FOR. And, this is incredibly easy to make - it can even be assembled a day ahead of time. Recipe from the Junior League of South Bend, Indiana. ***P.S. I would NOT recommend using oats on top as one of the reviewers of this recipe has done. It will spoil the dish.
- Heat sweet potatoes to boiling and drain (can be done in microwave). Mash with butter.
- Add sugar,salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix well. Pour into ungreased 9-inch square glass baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, flour, and.
- cinnamon with fingertips until mixture is crumbly. Stir in nuts.
- Spread on top of sweet potato mixture and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.