Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This sweet potato casserole is TO DIE FOR. And, this is incredibly easy to make - it can even be assembled a day ahead of time. Recipe from the Junior League of South Bend, Indiana. ***P.S. I would NOT recommend using oats on top as one of the reviewers of this recipe has done. It will spoil the dish.
- Heat sweet potatoes to boiling and drain (can be done in microwave). Mash with butter.
- Add sugar,salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix well. Pour into ungreased 9-inch square glass baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, flour, and.
- cinnamon with fingertips until mixture is crumbly. Stir in nuts.
- Spread on top of sweet potato mixture and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
This was truly delicious!!!
I have made this a couple of times and my family loved it! It is a holiday favorite for sure!!
Probably 3.5 stars to be fair. It was a bit too sweet for my tastes. Missing something. Maybe an icing or something to break up the heavy consistancy. I used oats on the sprinkle on top, but the consistancy wasn't crumbly and it was a bit lumpy and uneven. My husband really loved it. It was fine. Tasty even. It just wasn't WOW BLOW ME OUT OF THE WATER. I think this could use some adjusting. I'm just not sure what...