Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My partner's wife sent this last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. It was hit there and a hit at my house. I just love it!
- 946.36 ml mashed sweet potatoes
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 78.07 ml flour
- 78.07 ml melted butter
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients in a mixer until smooth, then spread in a buttered dish.
- Mix well topping ingredients and add melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
This is a delicious casserole, a little time consuming to make, but worth the effort. Our Thanksgiving crowd loved it. I have one suggestion: a pinch or two of salt added to the sweet potato mixture makes the dish much tastier. [editor's note: the recipe was edited as a result of this review 12/18/02]
The coconut-pecan topping on this wonderful casserole is a unique and interesting change from the same old usual nut topping.This is a great recipe that's become my family's new favourite sweet potato dish.
This is it! I have been searching my house for this recipe ! Thank you! This is a wonderful dish!