Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My partner's wife sent this last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. It was hit there and a hit at my house. I just love it!
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients in a mixer until smooth, then spread in a buttered dish.
- Mix well topping ingredients and add melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
This is a delicious casserole, a little time consuming to make, but worth the effort. Our Thanksgiving crowd loved it. I have one suggestion: a pinch or two of salt added to the sweet potato mixture makes the dish much tastier. [editor's note: the recipe was edited as a result of this review 12/18/02]
The coconut-pecan topping on this wonderful casserole is a unique and interesting change from the same old usual nut topping.This is a great recipe that's become my family's new favourite sweet potato dish.
This is it! I have been searching my house for this recipe ! Thank you! This is a wonderful dish!