Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From one of Rival's Cookbooks
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes (drained and mashed) or 2 (16 ounce) cans yams (drained and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened) or 6 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, milk, sherry, and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour into greased Crock-Pot.
- Cover and cook on High setting for 1 hour, then turn to Low setting for 3 to 4 hours.