Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The topping makes this extra tasty.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs cooked peeled and mashed yams
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice (not concentrate)
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 50 g margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 100 g margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel, cook, drain and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add rest of ingredients (except topping) and mix well.
- Place in a greased 8x10 pan.
- Mix topping and spread evenly over sweet potatoe mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
Quite yummy but VERY sweet. It was more of a dessert than a side dish, but very well received.