Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed, cooked (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- to taste cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, and stir well.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and flour in a bowl, and cut in 2 tablespoons chilled margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I have made this recipe for years. It is easy and tasty. I also like it because the topping is outstanding and doesn't contain marshmallows. I have had many requests for the recipe over the years. Love it!