Recipe by Amanda2
Following casseroles are traditional Christmas food, eaten with ham, boiled peas, boiled dried plums and pickled beets. Names in parentheses are used in Finland. Please note: Sweet potato casserole pot should not be filled more than half full to avoid bubbling over in oven.
- 2 kg potatoes
- to taste water
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1⁄2 liter milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch oat milk, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes.
- Boil them until soft. Mash them.
- Add sugar and half of the flour and sprinkle the rest on top.
- Place in a warm place covered with a cloth for an hour.
- Add enough milk to get runny mixture. Add nutmeg and salt Pour in two casserole pots.
- Bake in 175 C oven for an hour.