Recipe by heatherhopecs
Adapted from a recipe found on deliciouslyorganic.net... would be great for breakfast, as a dinner side, or dessert!
Top Review by mbarbaraann
I had to make a few changes due to dietary restrictions. I used coconut oil in place of the butter in equal amounts. I used canned coconut cream and for the topping I did not care for the flours so I eliminated them this time. I used only 2 T. coconut oil melted in place of the butter since the flours were not used. My family liked it so much they asked for it for Thanksgiving. Five of us are Paleo due to health reasons. So nice to have a recipe to be added to our family dinners permanently. This is awesome.
- 3 cups baked sweet potatoes (about 5 large)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For the topping
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients except those for the topping in a large bowl and mash up until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into an 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine all topping ingredients except pecans.
- Fold in pecans to topping mixture.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.