1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #619248's Note:
takes a little effort but never any left-overs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel sweet potatoes and slice finely.
- 3put potatoes into microwaveable bowl. Add 5 T water. Cover and cook until tender (about 40 minutes).
- 4take out of oven and remove cover WATCH STEAM.
- 5let cool about 15 minutes.
- 6put potatoes into mixer. Combine with sugar, eggs, milk, 1/2 C butter and beat at medium speed until smooth (about 10 minutes).
- 7spoon into lightly greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 8in a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and 2 T butter. Crumble mixture over casserole.
- 9bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes (uncovered).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Casserole for Thanksgiving
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 242.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g