- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover, for 25-30 minutes, or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat a 1 1/2-2 quart oval baking dish, or a 2 quart square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain sweet potatoes, and return to saucepan.
- Using an electric mixer or potato masher, mash sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute, eggs, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add milk, and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/4 cup brown sugar or brown sugar substitute, flour, and melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake uncovered, about 30 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are heated through, and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm.