Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a deliciously sweet and tasty dish. My grandmother used to make it and we love it. It's so good you'll want it for your vegetable and your dessert. You can microwave or boil your potatoes for a faster recipe, but I prefer baking the very dark yam.
- 3 cups baked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Mix first 6 ingredients for the filling. Place in a greased casserole dish (I use an 8x8).
- Mix remaining 4 ingredients for the topping.
- Pour over filling mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minute or until light browning appears.
I love this recipe and it brings back wonderful memories of homecoming at my church when I was a teenager. This is great for any time of the year. Thank you for sharing.
This was SUPERB! PERFECT. Everyone loved it. I will be making this often!