Recipe by GiddyUpGo
I used this recipe for week 30 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Bermuda is my 30th stop. Please note that I never use any recipe for my blog that I'm not reasonably sure is from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. This casserole is definitely more of a dessert than a side and would taste great with some vanilla ice cream or a whipped topping.
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (if needed)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix the mashed sweet potatoes with the sugar, coconut, raisins, eggs and vanilla. If it seems too thick, add the cream.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-greased casserole dish.
- Combine the brown sugar with the pecans, flour and butter. Spread over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (it's ready when the topping is golden brown).