Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a guy at church who made it for a church dinner. When I tried this I had to have the recipe, it is so good. I hope you enjoy.
- 3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes, drain liquid and discard (one large can)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Mash up sweet potatoes.
- Mix together sugar, butter, beaten eggs, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Topping: Mix brown sugar, flour, butter, and chopped pecans.
- Put on top of casserole and Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until browned on top.
Made this for Thanksgiving this year and it was big hit. I made it exactly as described except that I double the recipe for the large amount of people who were at my house. :) Sent some home with everybody too. They loved it!
This was very tasty! I made a few small changes. I used brown sugar in the potatoes instead of white sugar. For the topping, I used gluten-free flour (can't eat wheat) and I melted the butter first. My nine-year-old daughter loved it!
EXCELLENT! I omitted the cinnamon and added 1/2 oatmeal rather than flour to the topping.