Recipe by Cristin
This recipe has been part of our family for a long time. It is always a big request around Thanksgiving. The sweet potatoes are so creamy and the topping is crunchy. Hope you love these as much as I do!
Top Review by Bob78278
Simple to make and a real hit. I added some carmelized pecan halves and pieces to the top of the dish just before putting in the oven. It was a very nice accent to an otherwise perfect dish.
- 5 -6 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender.
- Remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove skins.
- Mash sweet potatoes (you can use a ricer to make sure there are no lumps).
- Add evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix with hand held mixer to combine.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with Pam.
- Place sweet potato mixture into pan and smooth out.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and melted margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.