Recipe by Shawn C
This is a main staple at our Thanksgiving table. Enjoy.
Top Review by Wendy Brunell
This was very good, I'm not a huge fan of maple but after cooking you couldn't really tell that it was there....they were sweet and syrupy and sticky with the marshmallows, just like I remember from when I was a little girl.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup log cabin maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and scrub potatoes rub with Crisco shortening.
- Bake on cookie sheet lined with foil 35-45 minutes until fork goes in easy.
- Spray casserole dish with Pam.
- Chop potatoes and mash in bowl; add butter lemon juice and syrup.
- Mix well and then place in casserole dish.
- Level mixture to ensure even cooking.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove add marshmallows on top and broil until lightly toasted.
- DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED, BROWNING WILL NOT TAKE LONG!
- The potatoes can be baked the day before to save on time.