Recipe by dolliegyrl
This is more like a dessert than a vegetable casserole! It is sweet and you could even put it into a pie shell and make into a sweet potato pie!Is very sweet and you won't have very many leftovers! The taste reminds me of pumpkin pie filling.
Top Review by LoriM3
Absolutely delicious, and very dessert-like. We enjoyed it so much for Thanksgiving that I'm making it again for Christmas! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tasting (and easy) recipe!
- 1 (1 lb) can sweet potatoes or 1 lb fresh sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- With blender, whip the sweet potatoes until finely mashed and smooth.
- Add vanilla, butter, egg and sugar.
- Whip until mixed.
- Put in greased casserole dish and set aside.
- In small bowl mix melted butter,pecans,brown sugar and vanilla.
- Pour topping over sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.