Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is more like a dessert than a vegetable casserole! It is sweet and you could even put it into a pie shell and make into a sweet potato pie!Is very sweet and you won't have very many leftovers! The taste reminds me of pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 (1 lb) can sweet potatoes or 1 lb fresh sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- With blender, whip the sweet potatoes until finely mashed and smooth.
- Add vanilla, butter, egg and sugar.
- Whip until mixed.
- Put in greased casserole dish and set aside.
- In small bowl mix melted butter,pecans,brown sugar and vanilla.
- Pour topping over sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Absolutely delicious, and very dessert-like. We enjoyed it so much for Thanksgiving that I'm making it again for Christmas! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tasting (and easy) recipe!
This was such a huge hit at my Thanksgiving dinner, I just had to share! The entire crowd absolutely raved about it and it was the first of the dishes that was passed around for 2nd's, (and 3rd's, ...) Thanks so much!