Recipe by Becky H
I've made this sweet potato casserole for years. My family likes it no other way but this.
- 7 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 large evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in the shell.
- Boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from shell while hot by placing under cold, running water.
- Add 3 tablespoons margarine and mix well until creamy.
- Add egg and orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Add sugar, milk, salt and pepper.
- Put 1 tablespoon margarine in casserole (sides and bottom) Add mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Add margarine on the top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes in 2 quart casserole.
- After casserole has cooked, remove from oven and top with marshmallows.
- Place in oven and let marshmallows lightly brown, remove immediately from oven.