Recipe by MamaJee
This sweet and nutty casserole is a holiday favorite of mine from when I was a little girl. Topped with marshmallows and made with love.
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 1⁄4 cups butter
- 3 cups sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) bags marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine BROWN SUGAR, CHOPPED PECANS, and MELTED BUTTER into mixing bowl. This is the bottom crust. Set aside.
- Peel and chop SWEET POTATO into cubes. Boil until fork tender (approximately 20 minutes). Mash.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine in order (boiled and mashed) SWEET POTATO, chopped PECANS, BROWN SUGAR, SUGAR, SALT, VANILLA, well beaten EGGS, melted BUTTER. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour CRUST mixture onto the bottom of the dish, spread evenly.
- Plop CASSEROLE mixture on top of pecan crust. Spread the top evenly.
- Bake for 30 MINUTES.
- Add a layer of MARSHMALLOWS on top for the last 10 MINUTES.