Recipe by Leta
This sweet potato casserole is a favorite at our Thanksgiving meal.
Top Review by gibblet
This was excellent!!! Served it for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. Very easy to put together and can be done in advance. I did add about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the topping. Thanks so much for posting.
- 3 cups canned sweet potatoes, mashed (or bake fresh sweet potatoes, cool and mash)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 8" square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar and flour.
- Cut with pastry cutter until mixed.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 F 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.