Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sweet potato casserole is a favorite at our Thanksgiving meal.
- 3 cups canned sweet potatoes, mashed (or bake fresh sweet potatoes, cool and mash)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 8" square baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar and flour.
- Cut with pastry cutter until mixed.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 F 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
This was excellent!!! Served it for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. Very easy to put together and can be done in advance. I did add about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the topping. Thanks so much for posting.
I made this for our Thanksgiving dinner (sorry this took so long to write)it was a HUGE hit! We were 12 people and we didn't have nearly enough. I hardly got a lick from my hubby's plate. Superb! Thank you and God Bless
Very sweet, could almost be dessert! DH LOVED it!