Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Thanksgiving favorite of our family. This dish is amazing as a side dish with the main course or is sweet and yummy enough to follow in the dessert line. I am always asked to bring this dish along to our big holiday dinners.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄3 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix first 6 ingredients and pour into a large baking dish. I use a 2.8 Liter Corning Ware dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle topping on the top of the casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree, preheated oven for 25 minutes.
I tried this recipe years ago and it was soooo delicious. I had a similar recipe years ago that my friend gave me and lost it. I plan to serve it next week for my big group at Thanksgiving. I cant wait!! I know they will want your recipe. :)I will go ahead and print off a few ocpies. Thanks again.