Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This originally started out as twice baked sweet potatoes, and I posted it on another recipe site. It got great reviews, but many people had trouble scooping out the flesh and getting the mixture back into the skins, and it really was a time consuming recipe. So I decided to make it into a casserole. Even people that don't like sweet potatoes love this dish!
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Poke holes in potatoes and bake for 1 hour, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, salt and pepper.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop flesh into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well and fold in walnuts.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for 5 more minutes, or until heated through.