Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this for the first time this Thanksgiving and everyone loved it and demanded that I make it every year!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled (I actually cheated and used three cans of yams!)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the margarine until smooth.
- Add the soymilk, orange juice, vanilla, sugar, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients together until well-combined.
- Sprinkle over the casserole and bake for 45 minutes or until hot throughout.
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing! I made 1/2 a recipe, using a large can of sweet potatoes, drained and I subbed the margarine for light olive oil.