Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a family favorite at the holidays!
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- Mix all casserole ingredients well and pour into greased 8x10 casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over top of potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Allow to set up a few minutes before serving.
Sooo good, I could have ate just this for dinner and been happy! I used a little more sweet potatoes than called for since the ones I cooked were rather large. Made the filling a nice fluffy texture; not too dry and not too soupy. The topping made a nice sweet crust on top which was not too sweet at all. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.