Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I used to think the sweet potatoes my mom and dad made every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas were so delicious.... until I had dinner at with my husband's family. I just about died when I tasted his mom's sweet potato casserole. The casserole has become a staple at every holiday meal- his family or mine as well as at holiday pot lucks I have work! Everyone always asks for the recipe.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut
- Mix first 5 ingredients and place into 8x8 baking dish
- Mix topping ingredients and spread over top
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 min or until brown and bubbly.
This is absolutely delicious! I was looking for something a little different this year than the "old standby" in my recipe box. I read the cook's comments and decided this was the one I'd try. I'm so glad I did! We all thoroughly enjoyed it, and I got great comments from each guest who ate some as well. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!